Monday, November 3, 2008

It Tastes Like Chicken

You know what cats don’t like? Daylight savings time. That’s why I woke up at 5:30 this morning with the cat standing on my back, wondering why the hell we hadn’t gotten up yet.

The time change had nothing to do with the Midnight Kitty Insect Safari last night though. I woke up to the unmistakable sound of the cat masticating an unfortunate invertebrate intruder. I knew it wasn’t a cockroach because the cat lacked a certain intensity and purpose that you would associate with a game of that size. I figured it was likely a moth, which are pretty common, or a cricket.

I found the conclusive evidence about 15 minutes later when the cat vomited his earlier catch on the comforter in the spare bedroom, something he has never done before (to be clear, he vomits all the time like you or I change our socks; He’s never puked on the bed before though). In the process of cleaning that up I found a little undigested cricket leg.

The cat just stood there watching me clean it all up with this look on his face like, “What? Those legs are all tough and sinewy. I’d be digesting that thing all night.”

No comments: