I really appreciate that some people are reading the blog and some are even taking the time to compliment or point out some lapses in accuracy in the posts. As hard as it is to believe, mistakes do get made so I like to be the first to own up to them. Therefore, I’m going to take a minute to recognize those bold readers out there:
Megan in California wrote in response to Man vs. Wild:
keep them coming-- it's my current favorite past-time!! I do have one correction though -- goosing is a bit more than pinching someone's ass--though the dog seemed to understand the technique quite well. I pulled a more detailed definition for John for later use...
Goose - A verb, which means to grab someone between their butt cheeks and to squeeze, almost with an intent to hurt. The most common way to goose someone is with the fingers and thumb of one hand. The fingers grab from the bottom, and the thumb from the top. Then, in an upwards, and squeezing motion, you goose them.
ex. "He goosed me so hard it bruised my anus!"
Goose - Any action involving poking or prodding of one's buttocks as if you are being snapped at by a goose.
Thanks, Megan. Wow, I clearly had no idea goosing was so violent. I also had no idea until I read the definition that my former supervisor was such an accomplished gooser.
For the benefit of the other readers out there, Megan was an imbedded reporter in Iraq and did an investigative report into the horrible torture that took place at Abu Ghraib.
Chastity in Columbus wrote in response to Man vs. Wild:
YOU shit your pants...and I just peed my pants...I'm crying...Great story...to be told at many Thanksgiving gatherings with close loved ones.
Thanks, Chas. Keep on rocking the free world.
Elizabeth in Lewis Center wrote in response to On The Road Again:
One thing of mention, unless "Kitty Zanax" is a brand name, I wanted to let you know that the correct spelling for the brand name of alprazolam is "Xanax", so with an "X" not a "Z". I didn't want to cause you any public humiliation by mentioning this directly on your blog, but I felt obligated as your friend and your pharmacist.
Great catch, Elizabeth. I feel no humiliation because I blame my wife for this oversight, as she is my one and only editor – the Harper Lee to my Truman Capote if you will. As a doctor I expect her to know stuff like how to spell the name of a drug. And as my pharmacist, if you could go ahead and write me another script for those Percodillies, I’d appreciate it. My hands are really hurting from all this typing.
Steve and Kerry in Westerville wrote in response to Ring of Feces:
“Laying there, trying to go back to sleep, it occurred to me that provided I don’t die, my time over the next few weeks and months until I find actual employment recognized by the IRS will only truly be productive if I team up with the wife to publish a study in the New England Journal of Medicine to prove that the root cause of sleep apnea is the brain making the Kevorkian decision to close off the air passage and risk death rather than allow anymore cat-shit-infested air into the lungs.”
~This is the longest and most hilarious sentence ever written!!
I agree.
Charles in Albuquerque Wrote in response to The Laundromat:
Long time reader, first time commenter. I like what you’re doing with the blog but why does it have to be so negative and obscene. Can’t you be just as funny without all the profanity?
Fuck off Charles.
Thanks again for reading and commenting. Keep it coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment